Prescription Monitoring Program (PMP)
Nevada State Board of Pharmacy
For Technical Assistance Call:
For Administrative Assistance Email:
Prescription Monitoring Program
The Nevada Prescription Monitoring Program (NV PMP) is a database of information regarding the controlled substance prescriptions that were dispensed to patients in Nevada. The database is an online tool that allows prescribers and dispensers access to a patient’s controlled substance prescription medication history. The PMP is an important tool that helps practitioners determine if prescribing a controlled substance is medically necessary and appropriate. The PMP also aids regulatory and law enforcement agencies in the detection and prevention of fraud, drug abuse and the criminal diversion of controlled substances.
Statewide Integration Announcement
The Nevada Prescription Monitoring Program (NV PMP) has partnered with Appriss Health to integrate NV PMP data into Nevada electronic health records (EHR) and Nevada pharmacy management systems via Appriss Health’s PMP Gateway platform. This empowers clinicians at the point of care with information that can help the clinician make better informed prescribing decisions. Integration is NOT mandatory. PMP data can still be accessed through the NV PMP web portal.
Integration of NV PMP data into your EHR or pharmacy management system is available at no cost. The process and timeline for integration is dependent upon your EHR or pharmacy management system vendor.
How to register for PMP Integration into your EHR or pharmacy management system
1. Navigate your web browser to https://connect.hc.appriss.com/
2. Click “Create an Account”.
3. Follow the prompts to input the necessary information for your healthcare organization’s integration request.
4. Once all steps are complete on Customer Connect, your request is forwarded to the NV PMP administrators for review.
5. If approved, a confirmation email is sent to you, and the credentials to activate the integration are sent according to your EHR vendor’s instructions.
a. The credentials could be sent to you or to your EHR vendor.
6. To complete integration setup, please contact your EHR vendor.
How to register for the PMP AWARxE – NV PMP web portal
How to register for PMP Clearinghouse to report controlled substance dispensations to the PMP